Metis Learning, an education start-up, and Intel India today launched the Eddy tablet, which is powered by the Intel Atom Processor Z2520. Eddy is a learning tablet targeted towards children, aged 2-10 years. This tablet is priced at Rs. 9,999, and comes with launch discounts and offers worth Rs. 4,500 for a limited time. The tablet is exclusively available at Amazon.in.
Eddy tablet features a 7 inch multi touch capacitive IPS screen, with a UV-ray protective layer to make it safe for kids’ eyes. It runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS and the proprietary Athena operating system, which makes the tablet safe for kids and enables strong parental controls including time discipline and usage reports. This tablet is of strong build and comes with a scratch proof and impact resistance. The tablet has an internal storage of 16 GB and can be expanded up to 32 GB.
This tablet has been developed based on the studies, which indicate that children in India spend an average of two hours daily watching television and are now increasingly spending a lot of time playing games on parent’s smartphones. With parents having increasing concerns about the content on TV/ smartphones being violent and having poor educational value, Eddy is providing a responsible and safe technology alternative for introducing kids to the digital age.
The Eddy tablet boasts of useful features, some of them are listed below :
- It comes pre-loaded with over 160 of the world’s best learning apps selected by educators and experts to accelerate a child’s social, emotional and cognitive development
- Eddy’s preloaded content covers over 300 key skills which a child needs to learn between the ages of 2 to 10, and children get access to content relevant for their age
- Eddy’s proprietary Athena OS provides children a completely safe environment and allow for robust parental controls, including time discipline, usage reports and kid-safe internet browsing;
- All content on the tablet is violence-free
- Eddy’s screen is ophthalmologist approved, and ensures UV ray protection and lower eyestrain compared to other screens
Eddy tablet has been developed after over two years of testing with kids and schools and after taking market feedback. The expert educators behind this tablet have taught at and led the early-years programs at prominent schools such as DPS, Shriram, Springdales and Sanskriti and have leveraged this experience in creating a high quality educational product.