Gaana.com, India’s online music broadcasting service, has revamped its Android mobile application. Gaana offers the largest catalog in India, with over 3 million songs across 21 languages, across web and mobile.
The music service has also launched a special referral program, in association with Paytm, where each user can earn talk time of up to INR 100, by inviting friends to Gaana.
Gaana 5.0 has added a number of new features and most notable is a new, slick, dark theme, built to make the music stand out more than anything.The other new feature in Gaana 5.0 is “Playlists of the Hour”, where Gaana will highlight professionally programmed playlists that change every few hours. For instance if it’s Sunday morning, expect some relaxed lazy music, and if it’s Friday night, expect livelier music to start the weekend. Playlists of the Hour shows up at the top of Gaana, starting from the third time a user opens Gaana.
In addition, in partnership with Paytm, Gaana’s mobile referral program allows users to invite friends to Gaana, and earn Rs 20 free talktime for each friend who joins via Facebook. Users can invite friends directly via Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, SMS, and email, and earn upto Rs 100 talktime per user.
Details of new features of Gaana 5.0:
– Playlists of the hour: highlighted playlists based on the time of day and day of week
– Redesigned player with easy access to music videos, lyrics & more
– Language filters: Select / unselect the languages you want to see upfront
– Gaana Rewards: invite friends to use Gaana, and earn talktime when they join
– Gaana+ Download sync: Automatically sync your downloaded music on all of your devices (Gaana+ members only)
– Bandwidth adjustment: A number of optimizations to make Gaana faster if a user is on 2G data.
Gaana 5.0 is available on Android platform, and will soon be available for iOS and Windows Phone users too.