Kia Carens was unveiled few days ago in India and will be officially launched in the first quarter of 2022. The Kia Carens is spacious three-row seater with the longest wheelbase in its class. The car comes with a first in India Hi-Secure Safety Package as standard across all trims, which includes six airbags. The Kia Carens will be available in petrol and diesel powertrains combined with multiple transmission options, including the 7DCT and 6AT.
On the design front, the DRL in the headlamps is designed based on Kia’s new signature lighting concept – ‘The Star Map’. The horizontal chrome garnish in the upper grille and the frame-type chrome garnish in the lower bumper creates an impressive tiger face. At the rear, the combination lamp on the robust sections makes the Carens look wide and strong. The Star Map LED gives it a high-tech feel, and the three-dimensional chrome garnish adds to its sporty looks. Three new colours have been introduced on the Kia Carens – the mysterious Imperial Blue inspired by Azurite minerals; a low saturation Moss Brown for a unique look; and Sparkling Silver with metal particles that gives the paint a sense of vitality.
- Crown Jewel Headlamps with Star Map DRL
- Star Map LED Tail Lamps
- R-16 – 40.62 (16”) Dual Tone Crystal Cut Alloy Wheels
- Two tone side door garnish
- Chrome Rear Bumper Garnish with Diamond Knurling Pattern
- Rear Skid Plate – Black Premium Hi Gloss
- Integrated Rear Spoiler with Hi-Gloss Black side cover
- Rear centre fascia reflector – Connected type
- Single Wing Type Air Vents Design with Premium Run Around Silver Garnish
- Distinct Black High Gloss Dashboard
Features of Cabin:
- 10.25” HD Touchscreen Navigation with Next Generation Kia Connect
- BOSE Premium Sound System with 8 speakers
- Cabin Surround 64 colour Ambient Mood Lighting
- Smart Pure Air Purifier with Virus and Bacteria Protection
- Hi-Secure Safety Standard Package – (6 Airbags, ESC+VSM+HAC+DBC+ABS+BAS, All Wheel Disc Brakes Standard across all trims)
- Ventilated Front Seats
- Multi Drive Modes (Sport/Eco/Normal) linked with Ambient Mood Lighting
- 2nd Row Seat “One Touch Easy Electric Tumble”
- SkyLight Sunroof
- Large Cabin Space led by Longest Wheelbase in the class
- Smartphone Wireless charger with cooling function
- 5 USB C type interfaces
Kia Carens comes with various safety features which are standard across all trims such as six airbags, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Vehicle Stability Management (VSM), Hill-Assist Control (HAC), Downhill Brake Control (DBC), Brake Assist System (BAS), Highline TPMS and All Wheel Disc Brakes. While the ESC protects the car from the loss of traction, HAC and DBC let drivers confidently drive on uphill and downhill roads. Additionally, the VSM ensures occupant safety by offering stability to the car when the driver must perform sudden braking and turns. The company has also offered Front-Parking Sensors, Highline TPMS, and Rain-Sensing Wipers with the car.
The Kia Carens has large cabin space which offers generous third-row legroom that is led by the best-in-class length wheelbase of the car. The One Touch Easy Electric Tumble in the second-row ensures easy ingress and egress. The second row also features recline and slide functions for utmost comfort. In addition to the optimum space and recline functions, the third-row seats can also be flattened in the boot to ensure maximum cargo space.