LG has announced today the launch of mid-range LG G3 Beat smartphone in India at MRP of Rs. 25,000. LG G3 Beat was unveiled in July, and is the compact version of its highly acclaimed flagship G3. LG G3 Beat is watered down version of the premium G3 in which LG has reduced hardware specifications but it has the same UX features available on G3. The LG G3 Beat will be available in Metallic Black, Silk White and Shine Gold color variants from tomorrow onwards.
Compared to LG G3 which has 5.5-inch Quad HD IPS (2560 x 1440, 538ppi) display, the G3 Beat comes with 5.0-inch HD IPS (1280 x 720, 294ppi) display with a screen-to-body ratio of 74.1 percent, which is claimed to be the highest in the mid-tier smartphone segment. The G3 Beat is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor (1.2 GHz Quad-Core) whereas the G3 is equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 (up to 2.5GHz Quad-Core) processor.
On the optics front also, LG has reduced the power of the camera on G3 Beat. The G3 Beat is fitted with 8MP rear camera with Laser Auto Focus and 1.3MP front camera. On the othre hand, the flagship G3 boasts of 13MP rear and 2.1MP front shooter. The G3 Beat has 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage with microSD card slot vis-a-vis 3GB RAM and 16/32GB internal storage available on G3. The G3 Beat is packed with 2,540mAh (removable) whereas the G3 is fuelled by 3,000mAh (removable) battery. The G3 Beat runs on Android KitKat 4.4.2 OS.
Design wise, LG has not made any changes in G3 Beat. The G3 Beat has thin bezels and features the Floating Arc Design that was first unveiled on the LG G3, which boasts of smooth curved sides and gradually tapered edges for the ultimate comfort in grip and feel.
LG G3 Beat retains the best features and functions of the G3, some of them are :
- Laser Auto Focus, which enables to focus precious moments faster by measuring the distance between the subject and the camera using a laser beam.
- Touch & Shoot lets users simply touch anywhere on the display to focus and shoot, reducing a two-step process to just one.
- Gesture Shot allows you to simply clench your hand in front of the screen to automatically begin a three-second countdown before the picture is snapped.
- Smart Keyboard learns how you type for faster input with fewer mistakes, reducing errors by up to 75 percent.
- QuickMemo+ lets you jot, sketch, take notes and be as creative and inspired as you want to be.
- Knock Code- LG’s patented unlocking solution, with a customized locking pattern of three to eight taps, which allows for 86,000 possible combinations to wake and unlock the smartphone.
Commenting about the launch of G3 Beat, LG Electronics India MD, Mr. Swoon Koon said,” Mobile communications needs to serve the requirements of a growing segment of consumers who are looking for a balance between style, design, features, and great performance, combined together at a favorable price. The LG G3 Beat represents our commitment to the mid-tier smartphone market that demands mature technology, proven performance, great innovation and an attractive price, all in a single device.”
Key Specifications of the G3 Beat:
· Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor 1.2 GHz Quad-Core
· Display: 5.0-inch HD IPS (1280 x 720, 294ppi)
· Memory: 8GB ROM / 1GB RAM / Micro SD slot
· Camera: Rear 8MP with Laser Auto Focus / Front 1.3MP
· Battery: 2,540mAh (removable)
· Operating System: Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat
· Size: 137.7 x 69.6 x 10.3mm
· Weight: 134 g
· Network: 4G LTE / HSPA+ 21Mbps (3G)
· Connectivity: Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS/ Glonass, NFC, USB 2.0