Chipsets maker, MediaTek has announced Dimensity 920 and Dimensity 810 chipsets for 5G smartphones. The Dimensity 920, which is built using the 6nm high-performance manufacturing node, supports intelligent displays and hardware-based 4K HDR video capture, while also offering a 9% boost in gaming performance compared to its predecessor, the Dimensity 900 as claimed by MediaTek.
The Dimensity 810 is also built using the 6nm high-performance manufacturing node and provides Arm Cortex-A76 CPU speeds up to 2.4GHz, premium camera features including artistic AI-color in collaboration with Arcsoft, and advanced noise reduction techniques for superb low-light photography as further claimed by MediaTek.
Key features of the Dimensity 920:
- MediaTek Smart Adaptive Displays: Adjusts the display refresh rate according to the game or UI action detected, raising it during periods of intense action to improve user experiences, and then lowering it to improve power efficiency.
- 4K Video Capture Hardware Engine: Integrates a flagship-class, HDR-native image signal processor (ISP) and incorporates a unique hardware-accelerated 4K HDR video recording engine supporting up to four concurrent cameras and up to 108MP sensors.
- Boosted Performance: With the Arm Cortex-A78 processors in the octa-core CPU that can reach 2.5GHz clock speeds, along the latest LPDDR5 memory and UFS 3.1 storage, the Dimensity 920 maximizes performance.
- Advanced Connectivity: Supports dual 5G SIM, dual VoNR, up to 2CC carrier aggregation, MediaTek 5G UltraSave power efficiency suite and 5G SA/NSA networking, 2×2 MIMO Wi-Fi 6 connectivity, Bluetooth 5.2 and multi-GNSS.
- Smooth Gaming: Supports MediaTek HyperEngine 3.0 with 5G call and data concurrency, plus connection enhancements for high-speed rail and ‘Super Hotspot’ technology.
Key features of the Dimensity 810:
- Faster Performance: Arm Cortex-A76 processors now support up to 2.4GHz in its octa-core CPU.
- Faster Displays: Mainstream 5G smartphones can now benefit from 120Hz displays for an ultra-smooth user experience.
- Incredible Cameras: Supports advanced noise reduction techniques (MFNR & MCTF) for excellent low-light capture, and supports up to 64MP cameras.
- High-end AI-Camera Features: Enables stunning camera experiences like AI-Bokeh and artistic AI-Color in collaboration with Arcsoft.
- Smooth Gaming: Supports MediaTek’s HyperEngine 2.0 gaming technologies with an intelligent resource management engine and advanced networking engine.
The new MediaTek Dimensity 920 and Dimensity 810 are expected to launch in the global market in Q3 2021.