As expected Nokia has unveiled today its latest flagship Lumia 1020 Windows 8 smartphone with key feature of 41MP camera with Nokia’s innovative PureView technology, to give some competition to Android devices especially Samsung and Apple’s iPhone. How this ploy will work for beleagured Nokia, only the coming days will unravel the story.
Unlike any smartphone in the market today the Nokia Lumia 1020 reinvents zoom, enabling people to discover more detail than the eye can see. With Nokia’s innovative PureView technology, including optical image stabilization, the device is able to produce some of the sharpest images possible by any digital camera.
With Nokia Pro Camera application, it is easy for anyone to take professional quality images, and edit and share photos and videos with unrivaled clarity.
Using a new feature called dual capture, the Nokia Lumia 1020 simultaneously takes a high resolution 38 megapixel image for endless editing opportunities, and creates a 5 megapixel picture that is easy to share to social networks with Windows Phone 8.
The Nokia Lumia 1020’s 41 megapixel sensor features leading ZEISS optics with six physical lenses, plus optical image stabilization, delivering crystal clear pictures even in low light conditions.
The Nokia Lumia 1020 sports a 4.5-inch AMOLED WXGA (1280×768) display. It also includes a 2.5 D sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass 3. This smartphone is powered by a 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor and 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal memory. Nokia is also offering 7GB free SkyDrive cloud storage.
The phone runs on Microsoft’s Windows phone 8. It also has a HD 1.2 megapixel wide angle front camera, and is packed with a 2000 mAh battery. It does not include built-in wireless charging, but it suppports wireless charging via an attachable cover.
Nokia also announced the new Nokia Camera Grip. The Nokia Camera Grip also has a tripod mount, and will be available this month for $79.
Price & Availability:
The Nokia Lumia 1020 will be available in yellow, white and black, and will arrive first in U.S. It will be available with AT&T, with sales expected to start on July 26 at a price of USD 299.99 on a two-year contract.
The Nokia Lumia 1020 is then expected to arrive in China and key European markets this quarter. Nokia plans to ship an exclusive variant of the device with Telefonica to select European and Latin American markets.
Nokia has not revealed its launch schedule for India.
Key Specifications ;
- Windows 8 OS
- Here Location and Mapping Service: Free global HERE Maps and HERE Drive+, free HERE transit available in the store
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 32GB internal user memory, 7GB Skydrive cloud storage
- Display: 4.5 inch AMOLED WXGA (1280 × 768) 2.5D sculpted glass Gorilla Glass 3, PureMotion HD+ ClearBlack, High Brightness Mode, Sunlight readability, Super sensitive touch for nail and glove usage
- Processor: 1.5 Ghz dual-core Snapdragon
- Camera: PureView 41 MP sensor with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), Backside-illuminated image sensor, 6 lens optics, High resolution zoom 3x, Autofocus, Xenon Flash, LED for video, 1080p video at 30 fps, Includes Nokia Pro Camera mode and Nokia Smart Camera Mode.
- Secondary Camera: HD 1.2 Megapixel wide angle
- Size: 130.4 × 71.4 × 10.4 mm
- Weight: 158 grams
- Connectivity: USB 2.0, BT 3.0, NFC with SIM based security
- Battery: 2000 mAh battery, Wireless Charging supported via accessory cover