Panasonic expanded its Toughpad line of enterprise-grade tablets with the introduction of the Toughpad FZ-G1, a 10” tablet featuring Windows 8 Pro, and the availability of the Toughpad JT-B1, a 7” Android powered unit. Both devices follow the original 10” Android-powered Toughpad FZ-A1 which became broadly available late last year. With the Toughpad family of ruggedized tablets, businesses and government institutions have a single partner delivering a selection of highly reliable and purpose-built devices ideal for numerous operational needs.
Toughpad tablets are designed for mission-critical and highly mobile workers in fields such as the military, construction, healthcare, public safety, utilities, retail, maintenance, supply chain logistics and insurance. The devices are ideal for a host of usage scenarios, including inventory control, eForms, field sales, field service, route delivery, eCitations, electronic medical records, inspections, mobile point-of-sales and GIS.
Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1 Features
- Operating System: Windows 8 Pro
- Processor: 3rd Generation Intel Core i5-3437U vPro 1.9GHz up to 2.9GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Memory: 128-256GB SSD, 4-8GB RAM, optional micro SDXC
- Rugged: MIL-STD-810G, 4’ drop, IP65, 14° to 122°F (operational temp range)
- Display: 10.1”, sunlight viewable, touch screen and active digitizer, 800nit, WUXGA (1920×1200)
- Battery: 8.0 hours (user-replaceable)
- Dimensions: 10.6” x 7.4” x 0.75”
- Weight: 2.43lbs
- Wireless: Bluetooth V4.0, 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, optional embedded 4G LTE or 3G
- I/O: Full size USB 3.0, HDMI, optional micro SDXC, Full size USB 2.0, wired LAN, true serial port or dedicated GPS
Panasonic Toughpad JT-B1 Features
- Operating System: Android 4.0
- Processor: TI OMAP4460 1.5GHz Dual core
- Memory: 16GB ROM, 1GB RAM, micro SDHC
- Rugged: MIL-STD-810G, 5’ drop, IP65, 14° to 122°F (operational temp range)
- Display: 7”, daylight viewable, 500nit, WSVGA (1024 x 600)
- Camera: Front: 1.3Mp fixed focus, Rear: 13.0Mp auto focus w/ LED light
- Battery: 8.0 hours – Large 5,720mAh battery (user-replaceable)
- Dimensions: 8.7”x 5.1” x 0.7”
- Weight: 1.2lbs
- Wireless: Bluetooth V4.0, 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, optional embedded 4G LTE + 3G
- I/O: Micro USB
Toughpad tablets are MIL-STD-810G tested for drops, fluid ingress and temperature, to assure they deliver reliable performance under circumstances that render typical tablets non-operational. Devices feature daylight viewable screens, user-replaceable or serviceable batteries, a stylus for signature capture and handwriting (on the FZ-G1 and FZ-A1 with 3rd party apps), and multiple options for peripheral connectivity.
The 10” Windows 8 Pro-based Toughpad FZ-G1 will be available in March starting at $2,899. The 7” Android-powered Toughpad JT-B1 will ship in February starting at $1,199. The 10” Android-powered Toughpad FZ-A1 is now shipping, starting at $1,299. All Toughpad tablets can be purchased through authorized Panasonic resellers.