South Korea based Samsung Electronics, has been ranked as the 8th most valuable brand by the Interbrand Brand Valuation. In the recently released IBV results on September 30th, 2013, Samsung accomplished the third highest growth rate of 20.4% and ranked No. 8 with a brand value of US $39.6 billion.
The company’s outstanding growth can be attributed to reaching the No.1 position in smartphone market share globally, continuously strengthening its leadership position in the TV category, and strategically branding itself consistently across other digital product categories.
Moving forward with plans to be a brand that consumers are longing for, we’ve unfolded a number of activities such as a new brand strategy called the Brand Ideal, which includes a greater focus on social purpose” said Samsung’s CMO Sue Shim.
Brand Value Summary
- Samsung brand value is $39.6B, and the company is globally ranked No. 8 (No. 4 in the IT industry).
- Brand value is increased by 20%; the rank increased by one place—from No. 9 in 2012
The Key Factors for Samsung’s Brand Value Increase are:
- Significant financial improvements in major categories
- Substantial market share increase in the mobile category
- 7 consecutive years of global No.1 market share in TV category
Clear brand aspiration and related marketing activities resulted in overall score improvement:
- Consistent and continuous global brand marketing activities across every touch point were made based on Samsung’s brand ideal.
- Brand ideal has been clearly communicated throughout the Samsung offices over the globe.
Increased brand strength (BSS) in product category:
- TV: Strengthened category leadership by continuously introducing innovative products
- Mobile: Deployed global product and marketing activities based on consumer needs and insight
Samsung’s arch-rival Apple has been ranked no. 1 brand followed by Google and Coca-Cola at no. 2 & 3, respectively.