Tata Motors today opened bookings for upcoming Tiago and Tigor iCNG AMT. Customers can pre-book at Tata Motors authorized dealership or online for INR 21,000, starting today. By incorporating Twin Cylinder CNG technology to free up the much-needed boot space in CNG cars, Tata Motors is pioneering a new trend with the introduction of automatic transmission in CNG vehicles.
The Tiago iCNG AMT will come in 3 variants – XTA CNG, XZA+ CNG & XZA NRG while the Tigor iCNG AMT will be available in 2 variants – XZA CNG & XZA+ CNG. Tata has also introduced an interesting new Tornado Blue in the Tiago, Grassland Beige in Tiago NRG and a Meteor Bronze in the Tigor.
- India’s 1st Automatic Car that offers petrol-like performance and comfort.
- Best-in-Class Performance & Drivability – No perceived difference in the performance of the vehicle in petrol and CNG drivability.
- Smooth Gear Shifter Quality – Gear Shifting Movement & Shift Quality is smoother & in line with Petrol AMT.
- High Restart Gradability – Restart gradability is in line with Petrol & has the best in segment restart.
- Easy Creep Behavior in Traffic & Parking – Creep tuned for easy Maneuver in city traffic conditions & parking.
- Twin Cylinder CNG tanks: 1st in Industry – The smart placement of the twin cylinders below the luggage areas ensures uncompromised boot space.
- Single Advanced ECU – 1st in Industry – Ensures effortless and jerk free shifting between petrol and CNG modes.
- Direct Start in CNG – 1st in Industry – Both cars start directly in the CNG mode so you do not have to worry about switching to CNG mode during drives. This also saves fuel every time you start the car.
Safety – The Tiago iCNG AMT and Tigor iCNG AMT come with best-in-class safety features.
- Micro Switch to keep car switched off at time of refueling – The micro switch turns off the ignition as soon as the fuel lid is opened and keeps it off until the lid is securely closed.
- Thermal Incident Protection – The iCNG technology immediately cuts off CNG supply to the engine in case of a thermal incident and releases gas from the cylinder directly into the atmosphere through a special nozzle as a measure of safety.
- Safe location of CNG cylinders – The twin CNG cylinders located below the luggage area offer the safest solution, as the valves and pipes are protected under the load floor, minimizing the risk of potential damage.
- Use of Advance Materials in iCNG kit to prevent leakage – The iCNG kit has been tested across temperatures and pressures to prevent any gas leaks.
- Leak Detection Feature – The iCNG technology immediately detects a gas leak and switches from CNG to petrol mode.
- These iCNG AMT cars offer incredible performance with the powerful 1.2L Revotron Engine. The Advance iCNG Technology gives unmatched performance with a perfect combination of Power & Pick-up.