Versuni domestic appliance brand has announced the launch of the Philips Home Safety 5000 series – a range of home safety appliances. The range includes an indoor 360° camera and motion sensor plugs featuring world first combined Wi-Fi and thread sensing technology.
The Philips Home Safety 5000 series is the world-first home safety range featuring non-line-of sight-motion sensors that detect presence without being hindered by blind spots or interference from walls or other objects thanks to the combined Wi-Fi and thread sensing technology. Thread is a wireless standard that enables smart home devices to work together through a mesh network without requiring a third-party hub or service.
These motion sensors – developed by Versuni in partnership with Artificial Intelligence of Things (‘AIoT’) company Nami – can reliably detect motions in homes in real-time without needing a camera in every room. The intelligent sensing technology, powered by machine learning algorithms, can filter out vacuum bots and pets, in addition to detecting human presence. Unlike traditional PIR motion sensors, they are immune to high temperature impact or sunlight rays.
The Philips Home Safety camera and sensors are hub-free, making them easy and quick to install. The digital motion sensing software is embedded in a smart plug for minimum intrusion and visibility, a pack of three sensors and a door sensor that can create a zone of up to 1.500 sq ft, which can be extended by adding more sensors or additional zones.
The dedicated Philips Home Safety app provides users 24/7 control and insights into their home security from anywhere. Thanks to dual storage capabilities, the cameras and doorbell record locally to an SD card, and can also back up the content to the cloud. Should the Wi-Fi drop, the smart home devices will continue to record locally. End-to-end encryption of equal standard as those trusted by banks guarantees the safe preserving of recordings.
Philips Home Safety Series 5000 is expected to launch in March 2024 in Singapore, Saudi Arabia, and India, with additional countries to follow throughout 2024. This new home safety range follows the successful launch of Philips Home Safety Series 3000 in India last year.
Key benefits of Philips Home Safety 5000 Series:
- 24/7 Control with the Philips Home Safety app: Check in on your home safety quickly and conveniently wherever you are and whenever you want. Get event notifications and respond by triggering the built-in siren or two-way talk. No mandatory subscriptions required.
- Dual storage means nothing is ever missed: The Series 5000 cameras record locally to an SD card, as well as having the option to back up to cloud. If the Wi-Fi drops, the devices continue to record locally. If anyone takes the camera with the tamper alarm, your phone will be alerted and the sirens triggered if it senses anything untoward.
- Guaranteed privacy: Your security and privacy are guaranteed thanks to end-to-end encryption that is trusted by banks, and biometric recognition to prevent unauthorised access to your app. Plus, in rooms where cameras are not present, you still have awareness with privacy maintained through sensing technology.
- Unique hub-less ecosystem/ easy set-up solution: Enjoy an intuitive, hub-less set-up in under two minutes, making security effortless and immediate.
- Comprehensive AI-powered Ecosystem: Embrace a range of devices that can grow with your family—all powered by AI to distinguish between pets, people and more, for accuracy and relevance.
- Wireless motion sensing technology: Elevate your home safety for whole home coverage with non-intrusive, yet no blind spot, motion detection.
Philips Home Safety 5000 Series Portfolio:
- Indoor 360° Camera: See the full 360° day and night, with 2K clarity and enhanced night vision. Pan and tilt, plus motion tracking. Control what you don’t see with a physical privacy shutter for added peace of mind.
- Wireless Sensing System: A discreet design that provides 100% confidence with zero blind spots. Easy to set up thanks to the smart set-up wizard to position the three Wireless Sensing Plugs in the most optimal places around your home to create a sensing zone. The door sensor monitors key entry points. No hub is required. Sensing plugs double as smart plugs.