Microsoft has announced that its latest Windows 10 OS is now running on 300 million active devices around the world. More and more users are adding Windows 10 to their devices and taking advantage of Microsoft Edge, Cortana, PC gaming, apps and the Windows Store.
According to Microsoft, Windows 10 has become the fastest adopted version of Windows in history. Microsoft wants everyone to enjoy the myriad benefits that come with Windows 10. The free upgrade offer for Windows 10 is still on and will end on July, 29 and those who have not upgraded their device to the latest Windows 10, should take advantage of free offer.
Microsoft has shared some useful information about its Windows 10 in a blog post written by Yusuf Mehdi, Corporate Vice President of Microsoft’s Windows and Devices Group, which we reproduce below:
- Over 63 billion minutes were spent on Microsoft Edge in March alone, with 50% growth in minutes since the last quarter. Exclusively available on Windows 10, Microsoft Edge is our modern browser for helping you get things done.
- Cortana, the personal digital assistant in Windows 10, has helped answer over 6 billion questions since launch.
- People are playing games on Windows 10 more than ever before, with over 9 billion hours of gameplay on Windows 10 since launch.
- Apps that come with Windows 10, including Photos, Groove Music, and Movies & TV are seeing millions of active users each month, including more than 144 million people using Photos.
- And, the Windows Store continues to grow daily with new Universal Windows Platform apps like Facebook, Instagram, and Facebook Messenger; updated UWP apps from Vine, Hulu, Netflix and Twitter; and popular PC games including Rise of the Tomb Raider and Quantum Break.
Bryan Roper from the Windows team has created a video sharing the top 10 reasons to upgrade to Windows 10: