Xiaomi of China, who has been quite successful with its smartphones in India, has now come out with Mi Protect plan to win more confidence of its customers as far as after sales service support is concerned. The Mi Protect plan covers accidental and liquid damage of range of the company’s phones.
The beauty of this plan is that to avoid the hassles of visiting the service centers, it provides free home pickup & drop-off, as well as a second servicing for free within one year of activation. Mi Protect is priced at Rs. 275 for Redmi 2 and Redmi 2 Prime, Rs 499 for Mi 4i (16GB / 32GB), Mi 4 (16GB), and Mi Pad.
However, the catch of this plan is that Mi Protect can be bought with all Mi devices available on Mi.com only. Apart from providing customers with cashless repairs at authorized service centers, the plan also comes with an array of other benefits as mentioned below:
1. Accidental and liquid damage protection
2. Doorstep pickup and drop-off
3. 24X7 call center support to report damages
4. Two repairs. Restoration of full amount after the first repair
5. One call to block your SIM from anywhere in the world
6. SIM misuse insurance cover of up to Rs. 3000
7. Smartphone assistance to resolve all your Mi phone related queries
8. Docusafe of up to 1GB to store and access all your important documents from anywhere in the world