Xiaomi of China has forayed into laptop segment and launched today Mi Notebook Air laptop in an event in China. The USP of this laptop is that this laptop has slim metal body and comes in two sizes — 13.3 inches having a weight of 1.28kg and 12.5 inches with weight of 1.07kg — priced at RMB 4999 (Rs. 50,000) and RMB 3499 (Rs. 35,000) respectively.They will be available in Gold and Silver colors. These laptops have been introduced to take on with Apple Macbook.
The 13.3-inch Mi Notebook Air is packed with sixth generation Intel Core i5 processor, coupled with Nvidia GeForce 940MX GPU. It comes with 8GB of DDR4 RAM and a 256GB PCIe SSD with expandable SATA SSD slot. It comes with strong battery which can last 9.5 hours on a single charge and it can be charged 50% in 30 minutes.
This laptop runs Windows 10 and its keyboard has backlit keys. It has glass trackpad for precise cursor control and multi-finger gesture controls.
Mi Notebook Air also comes with Mi Cloud Syncwhich enable MIUI users to access
their contacts, text messages, photos and notes stored in Mi Cloud directly on Mi Notebook Air.
Key features of Mi Notebook Air (13.3-inch)
• NVIDIA GeForce 940MX dedicated graphics card
• Intel Core i5 processor
• 256GB PCIe SSD, with expandable SATA SSD slot
• 8GB DDR4 RAM
• 802.11ac Wi-Fi
• Windows 10
• Lasts 9.5 hours on a single charge, charges 50% in 30 minutes
• Weighs 1.28kg / Measures 309.6 x 210.9 x 14.8mm
• Type-C USB for charging, 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x HDMI, 3.5mm audio port,2W speakers, Dolby audio
Key features of Mi Notebook Air (12.5-inch)
- Intel Core M3 processor with integrated graphics
- 4GB RAM + 128GB expandable SSD
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi • Windows 10
- Lasts 11.5 hours on a single charge
- Weighs 1.07kg / Measures 292 x 202 x 12.9mm
- 3.5mm audio jack, dual 1W speakers, Dolby audio