Yamaha Motor has today launched the much awaited 249cc FZ25 motorcycle in India. This Mid-class Street Fighter motorcycle comes in three colour schemes – Ballistic Blue, Warrior White and Knight Black. The Yamaha FZ25 will be available in the market beginning February 2017 at Rs. 119,500 ex-showroom, Delhi.
The FZ25 has been developed with a newly designed air-cooled, 249 cc, 4-stroke, Blue Core-enabled, SOHC, 2-valve, single-cylinder, high-torque fuel-injected engine on a lightweight frame (148 Kgs). This engine is used on sports bikes in the Japan market and has been optimised for the Indian traffic environment, primarily in the intake/exhaust systems and the ignition system. This model is compliant to BS IV emission standards.
This motorcycle comes with an array of new features including the LED headlights, LCD instrument cluster with a high-quality look, a mudguard that moves with the swing arm, wheels with a spoke design like that of MT Series bikes and racing style footpads (rear seats).
Key Features of FZ25:
- Mileage of 43 km/L & Excellent Engine Performance and improvement in fuel economy
- Maximum power output of 20.9 PS at 8,000 rpm and maximum torque of 20.0N?m at 6,000 rpm
- New front and rear suspension settings
- Rear tire with specially formulated compound and lightweight wheels
- 282 mm diameter front disc and 220 mm diameter rear disc
- 14-liter fuel tank with plastic resin tank cover
- 160 mm of ground clearance
- Easy-to-grip aluminium grab-bars
Yamaha FZ25 will face competition from Pulsar 200NS, TVS Apache RTR 200 4V, KTM 200 Duke and Bajaj Dominar 400 etc.