Canon India has announced the launch of EOS 200D II which is the latest addition to their EOS DSLR range and a successor to the iconic EOS 200D. It is powered by Canon’s DIGIC 8 imaging processor and boasts of light weight and compact body. It sports an APS-C size (equivalent) imaging sensor along with a Vari-angle LCD monitor. It come with the Creative Assist and smooth skin feature which has been incorporated for the first time in an EOS DSLR to enable users to achieve desired effects in their photographs and take picture perfect selfies easily on the EOS 200D II.
- Despite its compact size and weight, the EOS 200D II’s full-fledged functions, deeper grip design for a secure hold and intuitive user interface makes it super easy to operate even for beginners
- Powered by the latest DIGIC 8 processor and a 24.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor, users can expect to capture sharp, vibrant images in optimum quality
- A wide ISO range of 100 to 25,600 (expandable to 51,200) allows for shooting in a variety of lighting conditions, while noise level is kept to a minimum in low light conditions
- Whether you’re shooting evening cityscapes or capturing a dish in a dimly lit restaurant; you’ll be able to achieve focus with the minimum AF luminance of EV-4, made possible with Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology
- Capturing scenes like the dramatic gradations of a sunrise or sunset or the rich hues of a grass field is easy with the EOS 200D II’s Auto Lighting Optimiser
- While a continuous shooting rate of up to 5 fps makes tracking fast-moving subjects like active pets at play or children crossing the finish line at sporting events very simple
- EOS 200D II is ideal for the filmmaker in you with high-quality movies in 4K. Even in dim environments, the footage remains sharp with the Movie Digital IS, while the menu’s 4K Time-Lapse movie function makes time-lapse movies a breeze
- The Creative Assist function helps new shooters navigate the different settings to achieve their desired effect. For instance, to adjust image brightness or blur the background, users can do so with just a touch of a button with the Creative Assist menu, storing their preferred settings for future use, if desired
- With EOS 200D II’s Vari-angle touch screen LCD monitor and the Smooth Skin function, users can also raise their self-portrait game
- Generally, beautiful portrait shots are easy with theEye Detection AF, which focuses on the eye of the subject when shooting. The intelligent focus system can continue to track the subject’s eye even when there is movement, ensuring that you never lose focus of your subject
- Images can be automatically transferred from the EOS 200D II to a smart device upon shooting
- Uploading them to social media platforms or cloud storage is simple with the camera’s dedicated one-touch Wi-Fi button to facilitate connection
- Users can control camera settings such as shutter speed, self-timer, focus selection and more with theCanon Camera Connect app
- With the built-in Bluetooth low energy technology, the camera can stay connected for quick access such as image viewing on smart devices without the hassle of taking the camera out of your bag.
The EOS 200D II will be available in India, at a price of INR 52,995 with the EF-S18-55 IS STM Kit and INR 65,995 for the EF-S18-55 IS STM + EF-S55-250 IS STM double zoom kit. The sales for EOS 200D II and EOS 200DII Kit starts from this week onwards.