If you are not a geek, you might not be knowing that Microsoft’s Internet Explorer 7 allows you to download two files at max. from the same server at a time. This is not a limit imposed by your ISP or not a limitation of server from where you are downloading files, but rather it’s limit imposed based on the web standard and is therefore integrated within the software i.e Internet Explorer. Since this is simply a software setting, it can be modified and you can increase the limit to something as much higher than 20. However before setting the limit to such high value make sure you have a high download speed, if not i will recommend you to be safe from slow download or even failed downloads by setting the value to a lower limit like 4 or 5. Now in order to change the settings, follow the steps below to increase the maximum number of downloads from the same server :-
- Click on the Start Button and click on Run.
- Type “Regedit” (without quotes).
- When Registry Editor loads navigate through HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Microsoft, Windows, CurrentVersion and Internet Settings (In the sequence given).
- Right click on MaxConnectionsPerServer and select Modify.
- Set the decimal value to something greater than 2.
- Right click on MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server and select Modify.
- Set the decimal value to 10 (or whatever you want)(This is the number of connections per server).
- Restart you computer.
- Check whether this is working or not by downloading some files.
That’s it you are done. If for some weird reason, this doesnt work, follow the above mentioned steps again. And still, if you are facing some problems then let us know by leaving a comment and we will try to help you.