Kingston, the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products, has announced today the launch of its DataTraveler microDuo in India. The microDuo is a combination of USB and microUSB Flash drive in small form factor, which allows consumers to expand the storage of their Android tablets and smartphones on-the-go.
According to Kingston, DataTraveler microDuo uses the microUSB port on devices – often used for charging – to expand storage up to 64GB. This is especially helpful as more and more smartphones and some tablets come without a microSD card storage expansion slot. The drive can be used with any USB On-The-Go compatible device and the dual interface allows users to transfer files without plugging into a PC ( File manager app required for file transfer). Smartphones and tablets shoot hi-res photos and HD video, and with some devices now shooting 4K video, consumers can easily move large files, photos, videos and music off the device to free up space just like a normal Flash drive.
“DT microDuo is a great companion device to mobile phones or tablets as it lets users back up files On-The-Go thus freeing up space, or share files between devices with ease,” said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. “Its sleek design has a built-in key loop and rotating cap, so it is small in size and big on storage. Travelers can take entire libraries of music or videos with them on trips without worrying about filling up the memory on their own device.”
DataTraveler microDuo is available in 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities and is backed by a five-year warranty, free technical support.
Kingston DataTraveler microDuo Features and Specifications:
• USB OTG (On-The-Go): a standard which enables host functionality in certain phones/tablets with microUSB ports, enabling connectivity to USB devices like Kingston’s DT microDuo
• 2-in-1: microUSB and USB 2.0 connectors for easy transfer of files between smartphones, tablets, and computers
• Plug-and-Play: simply connect as you would a standard USB Flash drive
• Convenient: ultra-small, pocket-sized design for easy transportability
• Capacities**: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
• Interface: USB 2.0
• Dimensions: 27.63mm x 16.46mm x 8.56mm
• Operating Temperatures: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
• Storage Temperatures: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)