LG Electronics today announced the global rollout of its eagerly anticipated curved smartphone, G Flex2, which was unveiled in January at CES 2015. Accordfing to LG, Major carriers in the United States, Hong Kong, Singapore, France, Germany and the U.K. will be among the first to offer the LG G Flex2 to its customers while key markets in North and South America, Europe and Asia will announce the start of sales in the weeks following MWC.
The LG G Flex2 is powered by the Snapdragon 810 processor, featuring Octa-Core 64-bit capable CPUs optimized for Android 5.0 and the advanced Qualcomm Adreno 430 GPU for stunning graphics performance. The Snapdragon 810 also features fully integrated 3x20MHz Carrier Aggregation support for faster, more efficient connectivity.
The LG G Flex2 boasts sleeker, more stylish curves and comes with 5.5-inch Full HD display. The phone’s ergonomic design brings the microphone closer to the mouth, for better sound pickup compared to conventional smartphones which allow much more outside noise to enter the phone through the microphone. The display’s resolution has also been bumped up to 1080p Full HD. The P-OLED display, which gives the G Flex2 its unique shape and durability, is even more precise than in the original G Flex.
The LG G Flex2 is also equipped with 13.0MP rear camera with OIS+ Laser Auto Focus, and also houses a front 2.1MP camera. The Laser Auto Focus camera was first introduced by LG in the popular LG G3. This technology enables the G Flex2 to capture the best moment even in low light.
The LG G Flex2 comes with various unique features such as an upgraded Gesture Shot which makes it easier to take selfies with just a hand gesture. The new Gesture View makes it convenient to check one’s last shot immediately after taking a photo and Glance View displays key information such as time, recent messages or missed calls with a downward swipe of the curved screen even while the display is off.
Key Specifications (may vary depending on market):
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor with 2.0GHz 64-bit Octa-Core CPU
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD Curved P-OLED (1080 x 1920 pixels / 403 ppi)
- Memory: 16/32GB eMMC ROM / 2GB DDR4 RAM / microSD slot (up to 2TB)
- Camera: Rear 13.0MP with OIS+ with Laser Auto Focus / Front 2.1MP
- Battery: 3,000mAh (embedded)
- Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Size: 149.1 x 75.3 x 7.1-9.4mm
- Weight: 152g
- Network: 4G LTE / HSPA+ 21/42 Mbps
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac / Bluetooth Smart Ready (Apt-X) 4.1 / NFC / SlimPort / A-GPS / Glonass / USB 2.0
- Color: Platinum Silver / Flamenco Red