MG Motor India today unveiled its smart electric vehicle, the MG Comet EV. The Comet EV has a range of around 230 km certified battery range, on a single charge. The Comet EV has been evaluated by MG to provide an encouraging and empowering charging cost of Rs 519 per 1,000 km. The GSEV-platform-based Comet EV has a minimalist yet spacious design and allows smooth, stress-free commuting within the city. The Comet EV is the second EV in MG Motor India’s portfolio and comes with futuristic and user-friendly Smart technologies. The Smart EV – MG Comet will be available at a special introductory price of Rs. Rs.7,98000/- (ex-showroom).
The Comet EV is designed on the concept of BICO—’Big Inside, Compact Outside’, Comet EV offers comfortably spacious and enhanced legroom as well as headroom. The Curved Tech Body line accentuates the aerodynamic and stylish aspects of the Comet EV from the outside. The sides of the Comet EV carry a futuristic rear-view mirror design with a floating motif. The aero-craft cabin window in the second row allows for added visibility in the Comet EV.
The MG Comet EV comes with two doors and with a 4-seater configuration with 50:50 settings on the second row of seats. The Comet EV’s multi-function and uniquely designed steering comes combined with intelligent tech and futuristic pod-like controls that gives it a modern gadget-like feel. The Rotary Gear Selector is a transmission operation with a futuristic rotary knob decorated with chrome rings and unique patterns. In addition, the centre console is equipped with useful features such as electric window operation buttons and a 12-Volt charging port.
It has a Floating Twin Display widescreen with a 10.25” head unit and a 10.25” digital cluster. The in-built iSmart system comes with 55+ Connected Car Features & 100+ Voice Commands. The entertainment system is equipped with widgets with three fully customizable pages to give customers access to a range of entertainment, and connectivity options. Another unique feature of the MG Comet EV is the smart key. The appealing and stylish design of the key adds to the Tech-Vibe of the Comet EV.
The Comet EV is equipped with a 17.3 kWh Li-ion battery with Prismatic Cells that have undergone 39 battery plus car safety tests for a longer cycle life. It is IP67-rated, making it highly resistant to water and dust. The High Strength Vehicle Body with 17 hot stamping panels makes the overall structure of the MG Comet EV strong and safe. The Smart EV comes loaded with safety features such as Dual Front Airbags, ABS +EBD, Front & Rear 3 pt. Seat Belts, Rear Parking Camera & Sensor, TPMS (Indirect) and ISOFIX Child Seat.
In addition, MG has also introduced two special editions of the Comet EV- the Gamer edition and the LIT edition. MG Comet EV will come with several personalisation options including 250+ decal options, graphics etc. to add to the fun and tech vibe of the Smart EV for its different genres of Gen Z customers.
Salient Features of MG Comet EV:
- Built on Pure Electric Vehicle Platform
- Comet EV is designed on the concept of BICO—’Big Inside, Compact Outside’
- 17 hot stamping panels for structural safety; 39 stringent tests for vehicle and battery safety
- MG Comet EV comes with a high-strength vehicle body
- 17.3kWh li-ion battery with Prismatic cells with a range of 230km
- Wireless Android Auto and Apple Car Play
- 3-drive modes & 3 KERS modes
- Active and Passive standard safety features including Dual Front Airbags, ABS +EBD, Front & Rear 3 pt. Seat Belts, Rear Parking Camera & Sensor, TPMS (Indirect) and ISOFIX Child Seat
- iSmart with 55+Connected Car Features, 100+ Voice Commands
- Floating Twin Display with 10.25” head unit and a 10.25” digital cluster
- Smart Start System, Digital Bluetooth Key with sharing function for up to two people
- One Touch Slide & ReclinePassenger Seat
- Based on the globally acclaimed GSEV; platform comes with a 4-seater configuration