Nikon India has announced the launch of the new D810, a FX – format (full-frame) digital SLR camera for professional photographers. This camera features a 36.3-megapixel sensor and an ISO range of 64 to 12800, giving the camera the capacity to maximise the full potential of Nikon’s wide range of NIKKOR lenses. This camera is also capable of recording Full HD 1080p movies at 60 frames per second (fps).
The D810 has two recording formats: FX – format (full-frame)- and cropped-format. The FX – format (full-frame) format provides outstanding results for movies filmed with a shallow depth of field, while the cropped-format recording offers an angle with a closer reach to the subject. These two angles of view can be achieved with a single lens, which enhances production efficiency.
The D810 comes with EXPEED 4 image-processing engine, which provides a number of enhancements including improved noise reduction performance at high sensitivities, as well as upgraded depth and clarity in gradation rendering.The D810 also has built-in stereo microphone for minimizing wind noise and its frequency response can be set between a wide range for atmospheric sounds or voice to highlight dialogue.
The D810 includes a 36.3 megapixel image sensor designed without an optical low-pass filter to ensure images maintain rich tonality in any lighting conditions. The ISO sensitivity ranges from ISO 64 to 12800 and can be decreased to Lo 1 (ISO 32 equivalent), or increased up to Hi 2 (ISO 51200 equivalent) to suit any environment.
The D810 also includes Nikon’s sophisticated image creation system, providing the photographer with creative control and quick access to a range of image adjustments directly through the camera menu.
This camera has 51-point autofocus (AF) system, which provides the highest accuracy in the history of Nikon DSLRs with extremely quick and accurate focus acquisition. A new “group-area AF” mode helps avoid unintentional background focusing when shooting moving subjects.
The D810 also has following features :
- It includes an electronic front-curtain shutter, which effectively reduces internal mechanical vibration.
- An optical viewfinder with 100 percent frame coverage enhances light transmission ratio and coloration, enabling the photographer to clearly and accurately line up their shots. A new prism coating offers a clear, bright view of the subject.
- The D810 includes an i button that provides direct access to various functions according to shooting situations, enabling the photographer to quickly set up for a shot.
- An unlimited number of high-quality JPEG images can be shot continuously, which helps produce beautiful light trails when shooting at night.
- The camera has weather-resistant design that offers a comprehensive seal against dust and water droplets.
- The D810 has been designed to operate effectively with NIKKOR lenses to maximize the impact of the high pixel count to produce stunning still images and movies.
“The new Nikon D810 retains the incredible performance and acclaimed image quality” said Sajjan Kumar, Vice President – Imaging Division, Nikon India Pvt. Ltd. “Extending complete creative control to professionals in challenging environments and diverse shooting conditions, Nikon D810 is a unique combination of flexibility and raw power for Full HD video, high megapixel count and wide ISO range for crisp and rich stills.”
The Nikon D810 will be available across India starting from last week of July 2014. Nikkon India has not revealed the price of this camera.