Kia Motors India has today announced the commencement of pre-bookings for its Sonet compact SUV, beginning 20th August 2020 at 00:00 AM. Pre-bookings can be done through Kia dealerships across the country or online on Kia Motors India’s official website www.kia.com/in for a token amount of INR 25,000. Kia Sonet was unveiled on 7th August in India and the company has not revealed the price of this compact SUV so far. This vehicle is being manufactured only in India and offered to Indian customers first followed by export to over 70 markets including Middle-East and Africa, Latin America and Asia.
The Kia Sonet will be offered in a dual trim concept of Tech Line and GT-Line with multiple powertrain options. It will be available with choice of two gasoline engines – a versatile Smartstream 1.2-litre four-cylinder and powerful 1.0 T-GDi (turbocharged gasoline direct injection) – and an efficient 1.5-litre CRDi diesel engine with a choice of five transmissions. This includes five and six-speed manuals, an intuitive seven-speed DCT six-speed automatic, and Kia’s revolutionary new six-speed intelligent Manual Transmission (iMT). Also, for the first time in this segment, the diesel engine variant of the Sonet comes with a choice of a six-speed automatic transmission.
The Kia Sonet will come loaded with following features:
· Largest and best-in-class 10.25-inch (26.03 cm) HD touchscreen with navigation and live traffic
· Smart Pure Air Purifier with virus protection
· BOSE Premium seven-speaker audio with sub-woofer
· Ventilated driver and front-passenger seats
· LED Sound Mood Lighting
· Remote engine start for automatic and manual transmission via UVO Connect and Smart Key
· Over-the-air (OTA) map updates
· Multi-drive & traction modes and grip control for automatic models
· Wireless smartphone charger with cooling function
The Sonet also comes with various safety features such as six airbags, ABS (anti-lock braking system) with EBD (electronic brake force distribution), ESC (Electronic Stability Control), HAC (Hill-start Assist Control), VSM (Vehicle Stability Management) and BA (brake assist) and more.