Bendy phones sound like science fiction but both Samsung and Nokia are working on the technology. Samsung executives have not given the clearest signal yet of when we should expect to see the first ‘bendy’ phones hit the market but it could be early 2012! The first devices to ship with flexible screens would be phones and other possible applications include ‘foldable’ iPad-style tablets.
Tagged as Samsung Galaxy Skin, this “miracle device” will have the following specifications:
- 4.0″ inch WVGA Super Amoled 800×480 pixel display
- Flexible screen type
- Ability to record videos in High Defination i.e 720p @ 30fps
- 1 Ghz processor
- Accelerator, Digital Compass, Proximity Sensor, Light sensor
- Android Operating system
- 8 Mega Pixel camera
- Bluetooth v 3.0
- Wifi, USB 2.0
- 1500 mAh battery capacity
- 2 variants, 32 GB and 16 GB.
Rival smartphone giant Nokia unveiled a basic prototype of the Nokia Kinectic – a bendable smartphone – at Nokia World. Kinectic allowed users to bend the screen to control functions such as music and video. Nokia is non-commital when its Kinectic smartphones will be on sale.