Sony India today LAUNCHED the Alpha 7R V (model ILCE-7RM5) as the newest R series camera in its line of Alpha mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. The Alpha 7R V incorporates Sony’s highest resolution image sensor with a new AI (artificial intelligence) processing unit dedicated to AI-based image recognition – a first in any Alpha camera – as well as the powerful BIONZ XR image processing engine – a first in the “R” full-frame lineup. The combination of the high-resolution sensor and these processors enables new breakthroughs in subject recognition and capture for both still photography and video as claimed by Sony.
Salient Features of Alpha 7R V:
- 61.0MP back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor and powerful BIONZ XR image processing engine
- Accurate and broad subject recognition powered by the AI Processing Unit
- Advanced image stabilisation with up to 8-step compensation effect
- Selectable RAW options including lossless RAW for efficient workflow
- Advanced Real-time tracking and wide, 693-point high density phase detection AF with up to 10 fps burst with AF/AE tracking, up to 583 compressed RAWs
- Class leading 9.44 mil dot QXGA EVF and 4-axis multi-angle LCD monitor with 3.2-type large screen
- Two CFexpress Type A compatible slots
- 8K 24/25p and 4K 50/60p movie recording, 4:2:2 10 bit, All-I
- AI-based Real-time Tracking and wide AF for movies
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2×2 MIMO, SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps (USB 3.2 Gen 2) along with UVC/UAC USB streaming
The Alpha 7R V is priced at INR 353990 AND will be available across all Sony Center, Alpha Flagship stores, Sony authorized dealers, ecommerce websites (Amazon and Flipkart) and major electronic stores across India from 14th March 2023 onwards. Customers will also get an extended warranty of 2+1 years on the purchase of Alpha 7R V camera.