Viber, which is a free connecting app, has announced today the launch of Viber 4.0 on Windows Phone 8. This update brings the latest Viber features to Microsoft’s mobile platform including the popular Viber Sticker Market.
Salient Features of Viber version 4.0 for Windows 8 phone :
· “Seen” status lets users know their messages have been viewed
· “Last online” status lets users know when contacts are online
· Descriptions can be added to photos
· Improved quality of photo thumbnails in conversations
· Viber notification sounds will be used for incoming push notifications
· Ability to hide notification content
· Emoji to emoticon translation to ensure cross platform compatibility
· Improved app speed, making resuming and loading much faster
· Enhanced delivery of push notifications despite platform limitations
“Over the last several months, we have taken significant steps to make the full Viber experience available across as many platforms as possible, and today’s release for Windows Phone 8 is another step along that path,” said Talmon Marco, CEO of Viber. “This update is part of our constant efforts to innovate and iterate new versions of Viber that provide additional functionality and make the platform even more enjoyable and useful to our users.”
The new version of Viber can be downloaded from: http://viber.com/windowsphone
This release for Windows 8 phone comes on the heels of Viber 4.2 for Android, which was released a few days ago. The new Android version brings several new features including a Block Number feature, the ability to send up to 10 photos at the same time, and the option to select any message or call sounds for Viber. As pre Viber, the Viber 4.2 update will be coming to iPhone in the coming days.